The Office of the Governor, Machakos County, wishes to fill the following positions as per the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012.
I. County Secretary
- Secretary to the County Executive Committee
- Head of County Public Service and undertake other functions as per direction of the County Executive Committee.
- University graduate from a recognised university (a masters degree and above will be an added advantage);
- Ten years experience in administration and management;
- Proven track record in managing implementation of projects.
- Meets the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution .
II. County Public Service Board: Chairperson, Members and Secretary
- Members: University graduate from a recognised university (a masters degree and above will be an added advantage);
- For Chairperson and Vice- Chairperson, ten years experience; for other members, five years experience.
- Meets the requirement of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Integrity and Leadership.
- Not a state or public officer
- The Secretary must a Certified Public Secretary of Good Professional Standing.
Interested applicants can read more of the duties and expectations of the positions as outlined in the County Government Act, No. 17 of 2012.
Detailed Applications should be e-mailed to:
or sent to the following address by Friday, April 12, 2013.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview:
Office of the Governor
Government of Machakos
P.O Box 262-90110
Machakos County, Kenya